• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st "CHECK ENGINE" light...

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
My 2001 has just over 57K miles. I was going through a car wash early Saturday, and the engine started stumbling a little. I reved it, and the CHECK ENGINE light came on, along with some stuttering. A few minutes after I drove out of the car wash, everything was running fine but I still had the light. I pulled over about 12 miles down the road and reset the computer. That was 600 miles ago, and the light hasn't returned. I was in several deep water holes and some snow (YES, SNOW!), and even washed it again.
I know mine has the coil rails, so there's no plug wires. What could I have gotten wet to cause the CE light? :repair:

if it sputtered it probably set a misfire code then the plugs cleared up when revving. we see a lot of this in colder temps with startup and shutdowns, it just loads op the cylinders . once cleared out it runs fine. if the light hasnt come back on, dont worry.

Back