• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zero to 60

89minijeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey does anyone know any speed specs on a stock 4.0L auto 4x4? im trying to compare performance numbers but cant seen to find drag times. Thanks

i would imagine stock its in the high teens (maybe higher). Especially if it's 4wd.Dyno might have the specs your looking for.

imma honky said:
i would imagine stock its in the high teens (maybe higher). Especially if it's 4wd.Dyno might have the specs your looking for.
0-60 times:

91-01 auto: 8.0 to 8.5
91-01 stick: 7.7 to 8.1

(I'm not to well versed on numbers for earlier non-HO models.)

89minijeep said:
Hey does anyone know any speed specs on a stock 4.0L auto 4x4? im trying to compare performance numbers but cant seen to find drag times. Thanks

Depends on which car magazine you read. The figures that I have are as follows:

'91-'95 4.0 XJ auto.: 0-60 8.2, 1/4 mile 16.4 @ 83
'96-'01 4.0 XJ auto.: 0-60 8.5, 1/4 mile 16.5 @ 82

Many years ago when my '92 4.0 XJ with 5-speed was stock, it did 0-60 in 7.7 and reached the 1/4 mile in 16.3 @ 85. In '92 it was the fastest SUV on the market (until the GMC Syclone came along) but by today's standards, its performance is only average amongst SUV's and there's a whole list of SUV's that can beat it:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/SUV.htm

With the performance mods that I have now, my Jeep does 0-60 in 6.2 and hits the 1/4 mile in 15.0 @ 93 so it stacks up very well against more expensive machinery. My homebuilt 4.6L stroker engine's going in this week fingers crossed.

good luck with the stroker and give us some specs when you get em!!!

89minijeep said:
I know its fast enough to beat Honda Civics, Dodge Neons, and other such popular "Sport Compacts".
Mine's a 96 4.0HO 4wd w/AW4 and a K&N drop in replacement filter.

I took a focus the other day, had all the neons,lowered and all that, it was funny as hell cause the dude was with his girlfriend I pulled next to him and looked at his POS and thought he was a hardass, he reved it up so all in all I smoked a focus with my lifted and locked XJ on 37s! :scottm:

Mine's still stock height and this Civic guy couldn't get away, even on the on ramp. His top end was a little better but, he still couldn't leave me

Ramsey said:
good luck with the stroker and give us some specs when you get em!!!

My stroker's been in for two weeks and I've already done 700 miles. In short, it'll rip the balls off most ricers and would probably run neck and neck with, if not beat, much more expensive machinery like the BMW X5 4.6iS and the Merc ML55 AMG. 0-60 should now be sub-6 secs.

let me know when you get some quarter times for it

Ramsey said:
let me know when you get some quarter times for it

I'm gonna wait a few weeks until I've got more miles on the engine. By then the weather will be cooler and I can get a better time, hopefully mid-14's.

mine will beat new V6 mustangs. It is funny to see the peoples face when they think they have a fast car and then get beat by a jeep

BIG98XJ said:
I took a focus the other day, had all the neons,lowered and all that, it was funny as hell cause the dude was with his girlfriend I pulled next to him and looked at his POS and thought he was a hardass, he reved it up so all in all I smoked a focus with my lifted and locked XJ on 37s! :scottm:

LOL. Nice work man. Way to put the domestic ricers/ricers in place.

Back