• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 inch lift. cut the fenders?

offroadxj07

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting a 4.5 inch lift should i cut the fenders and fit 33s? cut the fenders put 32s? or not cut at all and put 32s on?

this is a daily driver to but gas mileage doesnt matter to me.

thanx

Cut away!!!!! and go with 33's or just skip straight to 35's (I would stick with 33's personaly)

You can't put 32's on without a bit of trimming . They will rub on the rear quarter and the rear of the front fenderwell. You only need to trim a tiny bit but if your going to trim you should just go for it and trim for 33's. If I knew that I would have to trim to clear my 32's with my 4.5" lift I would have bought the 33's over the 32's anyday of the week.

I agree with Markus,If your not going to run 31s, go to 33s,with 32s you'll not only need trimming but lowering gearing as you will with 33s. Just trim a little more and gear a little lower while your at it.I put 33s on my xj with about 3.5 inches of lift and alot of cutting and I think they're the perfect size.

Last edited:
I'm going to be lifting to around 5-5.5" or so here this summer and I was originally going to be running 33x12.5's, but im not ready to regear my crappy 8.25/27sp and lock it, so I'm building a 9" to go in it's place. This is my DD and gas mileage does matter so I'm going to run 31's, figured I can live with those on stock gears. I'm looking to have good flex with a 5.5" lift and 31's, planning on removing the flares and trimming as well.

Markus said:
You can't put 32's on without a bit of trimming . They will rub on the rear quarter and the rear of the front fenderwell.
Hmmm..mine don't.

Umm, yeah what he said above. Mine didn't rub with 4" of lift, either....

Back