• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Xjs getting 42in TSLs.

42s next to bald 38.
The mounted 42 is much taller then the unmounted.
download.php

mounted 42 next to the 35s on my toyota.
download.php

Xj test fit...
download.php

download.php

Im expecting to get the rebuild on the cherokee done in september, ish. :thumbup:

JCSXJ said:
So how much did you shave the 14b?

I thought he was running a D70 in the rear. Correct me if I'm wrong.

All I can say that I want more pictures!!!!

Robert

xj_punk said:
so you are going from 35 spline 1.5" shafts to 33 spline?
i don't get it, but they are both badass axles
If you are refering to the 14's, its only a 30 big spline and not 33 spline with different pressure angle then the 70's. The shaft is still 1.5".

Dazz said:
If you are refering to the 14's, its only a 30 big spline and not 33 spline with different pressure angle then the 70's. The shaft is still 1.5".
Same size shaft, different spine count..

A friend bought the 14bolt with 3.73 thinking it was 4.10s, He got a lower price cuase it was false advertised. I gave him my d70 with 4.10s and he gives me $50 plus a wagoneer 4in lift kit.

The 14 bolt was easier to setup the new 5.13 gears into, it is nicer to weldup as a spool with removable spider gears. The Pinnion is much larger then the d70 and has a third bearing. The axle shaft bolts were larger on the 14bolt. Diff cover has more bolts. The 14bolt pinnion is easily shimmed with out taking the pinnion bolt off. The 14bolt is 2in wider then my 65in WMS d70.

I wanted to do a disk brake swap anyways and needed to regear that week so I took the trade with additional money and parts. I do like the 14bolt better. Its a better design, very well thought out axle, but just as strong as the d70.

Here is my old d70 on gary's buggie
download.php

download.php

I chose to keep the bottom bolt on the 14bolt. I just shaved more to the sides of the bolt.
download.php

download.php

Coil buckets are done. Teh 4link shoudl go pretty fast once I get the rodends and the rest of the metal I need.
download.php

good fun.

looking good, i like the coil buckets. 14ff and d70 are both herculean axles imo. you'll be fine. if anything you'll break your t-case or even tranny. that is unless you swapped them too.

any more pics of that buggy or a link to a site? it is sweeet

Back