• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM gas tank skid question

csuxj

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a gas tank skid at a salvage yard but the skid came without the nut plates that are used to install. Can someone describe these to me so I can look into fabbing one up? Or better yet, does anyone have pictures?

Dan

i finally installed mine so i cant take any pics for you. FYI they are available from the stealership still.. i believe they are called a "reinforcement" plate... about $25 a pop so if you can make them you might be better off, but i cant fab so i got em.. they are a plate aprox 12" long with 6 (?) nuts welded into holes punched thru it.. they match the existiing holes in the frame rail starting with the one thru the body lip below the rear bumper mount outside of the frame rail... and the plate is aprox 1 1/4" wide and slides into the hole in the body behind the bumper bracket.. the plate has a few angles and bends cut into it to match welds and seams inside the frame rail... its worth it to me to buy the right thing han fight with fabbing...

mike

I may still have these laying around my garage, I got the mopar skid from someone, but I already had a hitch which uses the same strip, so I kept the new ones.

I will let you know if I find them.

sidriptide said:
i finally installed mine so i cant take any pics for you. FYI they are available from the stealership still.. i believe they are called a "reinforcement" plate... about $25 a pop so if you can make them you might be better off, but i cant fab so i got em.. they are a plate aprox 12" long with 6 (?) nuts welded into holes punched thru it.. they match the existiing holes in the frame rail starting with the one thru the body lip below the rear bumper mount outside of the frame rail... and the plate is aprox 1 1/4" wide and slides into the hole in the body behind the bumper bracket.. the plate has a few angles and bends cut into it to match welds and seams inside the frame rail... its worth it to me to buy the right thing han fight with fabbing...

mike

part numbers :

52001174 - rh
52001175 - lh

yep - 25.00 ea

Back