• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac bar

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
First off i have a 2001 xj with only 20,000 miles on it this is my 1st jeep.
I wish i would have bought one sooner I have a couple of questions i looked around the boards here and not really found my answer so ill ask (sorry if its already been asked)I just ordered a BDS 3" lift This a pretty complete kit
Frt coils,rear AAl,Tcase drop,u bolts and a trac bar relocation bracket,this is my question, is the tbar bracket ok to use or should i save the cash for an
adjustable one BDS says the bracket is fine for this as long as i stay with 3".
Also looking at SURCO ROOF RACKS any info would be great.

ditch the relocation bracket and get an adjustable one. they are way better, and you can always lift your XJ a little more later... if you don't want to fork out the money for an adjustable bar, just drill out a new hole on the axle mount. the relocation brackets are worthless and can also cause some bumpsteer.

brandon
bowhunter said:
First off i have a 2001 xj with only 20,000 miles on it this is my 1st jeep.
I wish i would have bought one sooner I have a couple of questions i looked around the boards here and not really found my answer so ill ask (sorry if its already been asked)I just ordered a BDS 3" lift This a pretty complete kit
Frt coils,rear AAl,Tcase drop,u bolts and a trac bar relocation bracket,this is my question, is the tbar bracket ok to use or should i save the cash for an
adjustable one BDS says the bracket is fine for this as long as i stay with 3".
Also looking at SURCO ROOF RACKS any info would be great.

The trac bar money should go towards a slip yoke eliminator kit (sye). Clearance is king! Droping your transfer case is going the wrong direction.

I have installed Rubicon Express' 3.5" Superflex lift (Actually more like 4.5" initially) in both my daughters' XJs. The kit uses the stock track bar. Julie's is a 2001 like yours. they both ride very well. They DID NOT need an adjustible bar nor a SYE. Not at this heigth. I have both on my 2000 XJ but I'm at 6".

Danno said:
I have installed Rubicon Express' 3.5" Superflex lift (Actually more like 4.5" initially) in both my daughters' XJs. The kit uses the stock track bar. Julie's is a 2001 like yours. they both ride very well. They DID NOT need an adjustible bar nor a SYE. Not at this heigth. I have both on my 2000 XJ but I'm at 6".

this would be so awesome to see in the driveway... a family of XJ'ers!

shimmy said:
this would be so awesome to see in the driveway... a family of XJ'ers!
Yeah... but when one jeep breaks and you need to make it work in a hurry..... you might have to guard your own so parts don't dissapear :D

Back