• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on converting radiators

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Ok before anybody yells at me I did a search and came up 0. I am helping my dad convert his old style cooling system on his 90 XJ to the newer style. Somewhere I read something about using the newer temp sender that is on the thermostat housing instead of the one in the radiator and it seems like you have to change the voltage or something. Does anyone know what this is about? Or where I can get the info.Thanks :wow:

If you're converting to the newer style cooling system, use the later model t-stat housing and go to your auto parts store and get a Niehoff part # TFS19. It is for a mid 80's corvette 350" engine fan switch. It has the correct thread pitch and turns the fan on and off at the proper temperatures. It has two blade terminals. You simply take your original fan switch wires (the ones that went to the switch in the original radiator), extend them a little, add two spade connectors and connect them to the blade terminals on the new switch. Done deal. No messing around with a toggle switch or anything to run the fan. Hope this helps.

John

You could also just totally bypass the temp switch and wire the fan to run constantly. No new t-house needed, no temp switch to deal with and best of all it's free and it takes about 2min. to do. I've run this setup and it works great.

-Joe S.

Back