• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

closed conversion...

Shanbo44

NAXJA Forum User
Well its that time, my pressure bottle is near death. I searched and have the general idea down. I want to do what several people have done and use my exsisting radiator and my pressure bottle as my overflow. On all the write ups it talks about a new theromstat and 3 core and water pump, but all that is not needed. Does anyone have pics and a list of parts that they used in their conversion?

Shanbo44 said:
Well its that time, my pressure bottle is near death. I searched and have the general idea down. I want to do what several people have done and use my exsisting radiator and my pressure bottle as my overflow. On all the write ups it talks about a new theromstat and 3 core and water pump, but all that is not needed. Does anyone have pics and a list of parts that they used in their conversion?
A new thermostat and water pump may not be needed, but how are you going to convert a radiator without a cap to one with a cap? More to the point, the last closed system was the 1990 so if you have one, the radiator is now 14 years old. It's done. Don't waste your time looking for kludge solutions ... you NEED a radiator.

Back