• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

... and more pics

LBEXJ

NAXJA Member #721
Here are pics that Aaron took during NACfest. Please excuse the file names if they are incorrect or if I have forgotten or not been able to recognize / remember someones XJ.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=155558472

Thanks to those who have posted their pics ... I appreciate seeing what others did while there. Had a great time and am looking forward to the next time I can go out to Paragon. Great meeting those I was able to ... regret not being able to meet a lot of others.

Les

Thanks Paula ... Aaron took all the pictures. He is very particular about the pictures he takes. He told me he gets frustrated with the digital camera I have cause it's too slow ... he misses too many good shots (he says).

Tom ... man ... you're a pretty sharp guy, but where the hell you been the past 30 or so years. Hell yes ... It's always about the ladies!

Les

lbexj said:
Thanks Paula ... Aaron took all the pictures. He is very particular about the pictures he takes. He told me he gets frustrated with the digital camera I have cause it's too slow ... he misses too many good shots (he says).

Tom ... man ... you're a pretty sharp guy, but where the hell you been the past 30 or so years. Hell yes ... It's always about the ladies!

Les

Tell Aaron he did a great job, the pix are :thumbup: As for the second part...it took a while but I think I finally get it! :roll:

lbexj said:

Les
<grin> Yup, some good pictures..... </grin>

The "digital delay" is why I spent a small fortune on my digital. It behaves like a 35mm SLR. No delay between squeezing the button and getting the shot.

Urban Redneck said:
Tell Aaron he did a great job, the pix are :thumbup: As for the second part...it took a while but I think I finally get it! :roll:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I am a good one to talk ... divorced 10 years. I know this, but have never been able to live it! Guess I'm just too damned independent :banghead:

I'll pass the compliments on to Aaron ... Thanks!

If anybody knows who some of the pics are (file names "XJ#"), let me know so I can give my pics a proper file name. And ... if any are wrong, let me know too ... just email or PM me ... I'd sure appreciate it.

Les

ChiXJeff said:
<grin> Yup, some good pictures..... </grin>

The "digital delay" is why I spent a small fortune on my digital. It behaves like a 35mm SLR. No delay between squeezing the button and getting the shot.

Yup ... one day I want to get an upgraded Camara ... If I could just spend less money on that junk of mine ....

I noticed how good your shots came out. Between yours and Lesslimited's camara ... you guys can take some really fine pics.

Les

I certainly can't take much credit for the pics I took. Helps to have good equipment, and GREAT subject matter.

There is a major difference between film and digital photography. Digital pics have a nearly zero per shot cost. Make sure you get enough digital media, and just keep the shutter going. You will get some good shots this way. The pro photogs have known this for years, and just burn film by the yard, then either use a negative table, or print contact sheets to figure out what needs to be printed bigger.

I picked up a Sony Mavica several years ago when one megapixel was a pretty darned good camera and the media was a 3.5" diskette. The memory cards had just came out so the price was right on these cameras (relatively). One of the reasons I bought it was because the kids loved to take pictures ... and anyone who has pre-adolescent kids, and adolescents for that matter, knows they take a lot of BS pictures. Great surprise after spending the money to have film developed. It has been a great thing to have because the kids (and I) certainly have had a lot of fun with it, and the cost was cheap over the long term.

Toys ... don't ya just luv 'em?

Les

nice shots Less, err Aaron. The white XJ with the black painted on the hood is my father-in-law's, he has no screen name cuz he doesn't know how to use the computer. :D His name is Jack, so we'll call him JackassXJ :D

I like film, always will I figure.

Fore Wheeler said:
His name is Jack, so we'll call him JackassXJ :D

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Too funny!!!

Tell Aaron nice job, Les!! I didn't get many pics of my junk out there, Baja had my camera for one obstacle and took crappy pics, go figure. :rolleyes:

I have the Nikon D100, that I spent a fortune on and I was too scared to bring with me to NACFest. I probably would have made a better effort to take TONS of pics with that camera.
I'm still learning the ins and outs of it, it's tricky, and I know absolutely nothing about cameras. :dunno:

PhunkadelicXJ said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Too funny!!!

Tell Aaron nice job, Les!! I didn't get many pics of my junk out there, Baja had my camera for one obstacle and took crappy pics, go figure. :rolleyes:

Impossible. They looked like they came out fine while on your camera.....I took like 15pics of you on that one rock.

Regardless, count your blessings that I didn't take a pic of my ass and give you your camera back.......:D

Fore Wheeler said:
The white XJ with the black painted on the hood is my father-in-law's, he has no screen name cuz he doesn't know how to use the computer. :D His name is Jack, so we'll call him JackassXJ

JackassXJ it is :laugh3: ... made the change and fixed several others. Aaron straightened me out about a few of them. He has a fresh brain that kid.

Les

Back