• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cowl Induction Hoods

CKWXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The other day I was looking on the Jeep Speed site and saw a guy running a cowl induction hood. I was just wondering if anybody knew who made one and if they will help to lower engine compartment temps.

I like the Reflexxions hood on ebay, but its listed for a buy it now of $349.00, then you got to pay another $100.00 to ship to a business address, or $150.00 to a residential address. Nice hood, but pretty steep!

Just had this topic come up this week. See here. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29261
I didn't go for the fibreglass one as they weigh the same raw but need a lot of filler to get them up to scratch before painting. They also need quite a bit of work just to get them to fit with cutting and shaping. It says so on the site even. Take a look at www.usbody.com for those but think they are a bit ugly myself as they are twice as high as the steel ones and dont have the centre depression which makes it look rather flat! They dont come with the hood opened either at the back and must be cut out as well.

I had seen these hoods, but not up close. I wasn't sure if they were actually functional (like on my old Chevelle), or if they were just for looks.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Back