• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Quicker disconnects and SkyJacker lift ?

Northern Pride

NAXJA Forum User
I have skyJackers 8" lift on my 98 XJ. Everyone who has there lift knows there version of quick disconnect is junk. I bought some JKS Quicker Disconnects but are good for up too 6" inches of lift. So I bought some two inch spacers from Rubicon Express to lower the sway bar.

The problem is on the passenger side, the shock on the cross member is in the way of mounting the qucker disconnect on the passenger side. I'm thinking the best way around it is to fab a bracket that will mount the shock closer to the center of the vehicle and then getting a shorter shock if needed. That will allow me the room to slide the disconnect off when off road. Other wise when trying to slide it off it will hit the shock not allowing it to be disconnected.

I thought about mounting the quicker disconnect on the out side of the mount but I believe that will put it at too much of an angle to the sway bar.

Anyone run into this problem? and if so how did you get around it?

Thx

I've been driving with out it, but this is my road rig as well and over 70 is a little nerv racking. Plus I already bought the spacers and Quicker Disconnects $125 plus $34 for brackets.

Does the 8" kit come with Skyjacker's trackbar? I had their 3" kit with the trackbar and had to get rid of the trackbar to use the JKS discos. That relocation bracket on the axle side screws things up. I went with an ORGS trackbar that mounts in the stock location.

roke40 said:
Does the 8" kit come with Skyjacker's trackbar? I had their 3" kit with the trackbar and had to get rid of the trackbar to use the JKS discos. That relocation bracket on the axle side screws things up. I went with an ORGS trackbar that mounts in the stock location.

Can you PM me your email so I can send you a pick! and vise versa so I can see what you did?

Thx
Doug

Have you looked at the extended sway bar brackets from JKS/ORGS they move the sway bar out and up to 2". They might help you out. www.jksmfg.com
look under fab parts. Juice

I emailed you the pics of my current set up. The bracket that relocates the steering stabilizer is what's messing you up. Their track bar is mounted where the steering stabilizer belongs. If you really want to use the JKS you'll probably have to replace the track bar too. If you want to do that, check out Kevin's and his WJ track bar conversion. That's what I got and it allows for a lot more flex than either stock or Skyjacker's.

Northern, I took a couple more pics. I hope these help.

front.JPG

front2.JPG

Hey Roke thx for the pics! Yeah I have a bar connected where your shock is. Is that the bar you said you removed? I'm not sure what the hell they call each of them cross members in there.:sure:

roke40 said:
Yeah that's what I removed.
So roke you didn't remove the trac bar, you just got kevs trac bar relocation kit and that allowed you to mount the quicker disconnect, correct?

I'm just wondering if i should do that or just take the shock off instead? I have the shock off right now and that allows me to put the quicker disconnect on the passenger side. I took it for the day into the mountains with out any problems, but i didn't wheel it either. What do you think Roke?

What does everyone else think?

Thx for input!

Last edited:
Back