• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixing the rocker panels

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, I have nailed both my rocker panels HARD with the rockrails @ the Con. Pinch seam on one side is ripped out from an angle iron piece that went all the way along the pinch seam as when the rock rail flexed back down the rocker panel and pinch seam didn't.
I know that one way to do it is to cut it out and put square tubing in it, but that's a LOT of work (more work then I have time for at this point). So for a "now" solution, I'm trying to get some ideas as to how to pull it back out a bit (pinch seam and the rocker panel) and reinforce it.

Remi my pinch seam was pretty bad from the previous owner of my xj running the con without sliders. I cannot see doing that because I was smacking them senseless all weekend. Man those things are worth their weight in gold, well almost that much. I love being able to climb rocks and not worry about coming down on those sliders. Do you still have some pinch seam material left? If so try hammering it back in line and then if you cannot get it bolted up you might need to weld it where you can to the slider. I wish I could have meet you and the group I was 45 minutes behind you at Buck Island Lake. I heard about Lee's tailgate incident. Did you guys have alot of carnage? I guess so by the pics of the motor, fire, etc. :D Man the con is awesome and then some. I live so close to it 80 miles to the start, I'm going to run it maybe once a month. Later
Troy

Back