• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blower motor question

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
If I have power going fromand out of my dash temp switch and power going into the blower motor and the motor still doesn't work (tested the orange for power and good ground), does that suggest I need a new blower motor or could it be something else?
thanks

If you have power to the motor and it doesn't work, 99% chance that you have a bad blower motor.

jumper a wire to the blower motor wiring harness to test it. If you do remove the blower motor from the fire wall make sure you shut it off first. I worked on my dad's MJ once where it was frozen up. I didn't bother to shut it off (I wanted to spin it by hand to see if it would spin). As I was pulling it out of the fire wall it kicked on and the squirrel cage hit the side of the hole blowing it apart. You also have a rheostat under the passenger side dash, IIRC the switch sends power to that which controls the blower speed. At least that's the way it is on my 90. That could be bad.

Back