• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do these OBDII codes mean????

nickwc

NAXJA Forum User
code 1899: P/N Switch Input Stage

code 463: Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

What do these codes mean and how can I fix them? Thanks.

nickwc said:
code 1899: P/N Switch Input Stage

code 463: Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

What do these codes mean and how can I fix them? Thanks.

1899: the neutral safty switch, AKA gear select switch, has a problem.. the computer is not seeing a change from park to drive.

463: the computer is seeing high voltage for the fuel sending unit. either a bad sending unit or a short to power, possibly a bad ground.

a bad ground could affect both items here.

Are either of these easy fixes? Or would I have to take the jeep to a trans shop? I would figure the sending unit shouldnt be to hard or is that another shop trip??

nickwc said:
Are either of these easy fixes?

really a tough question to answer as that can only be answered AFTER it is fixed.
there is a number of things that could be the problem(s), more than i want to try and explain here. One thing, If you recently did some work before the light came on, inspect your work.
to fix it yourself you are going to need a service manual, a high impeadance DVOM and a scan tool, and a working knowledge of auto computer systems.

If you decide to take it to a shop, you don't need to go to a trans shop, any independent auto shop should be able to handle these problems.
IMHO stay away from chain stores (pep boys, midas and the like) and only go to the dealer if it is under warrentee.

Thanks for your Help :D

Back