• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Leak after a t-case drop kit installed

jacktowncrawler

NAXJA Forum User
About 4 weeks ago, I lifted my 99 XJ Classic with a RE 3" lift. I used a T-Case drop kit to alleviate any vibes before they happened. I also installed a Engine/Tranny Skid at the same time. On a recent trip, I cracked the stock manifold, so I removed the skid and found a small oil leak dripping from the bottom of the bellhousing. The oil pan is not leaking, infact there is no oil on the engine around that area. This vehicle has never leaked before. It has 101,300 miles on it. the oil was not noticable with the skid on because it never leaked enough fluid to run out of the skid. Grunge just built up. It only leaks after it has been driven. Can anyone give me things to look for? Any idea what is leaking?

Thanks

Also look around your filter adapter (o-rings inside the adapter may be leaking) or where the wire comes out of the oil pressure sender unit for oil leaks. Ask me how I know!

Eddie

Back