• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shocks

RalphXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be picking up a Rusty's 6in lift with 1 3/4 spacers and shackels(was told it should sit around 8in, might not go that high though) next weekend hopfully, just tring to get a list of what all I need to go with it! he said it only comes with 2 shocks, and he said he didnt' know anything about them. So i'll have to get shocks to go with the lift, so my question, what should I be looking for? OME, Bilstens, RE, something else??? the XJ see's mostly daily driving so i want something that rides well, as close to stock(or better) as possible! So waht does everyone think? From what i've read the OME's are probably the best, but how close are the Bilstens? Any other company i should be looking for?

Aaron

fasty said:
so far i know 3 brands are best is OME, Doetsch DT3000 and Bilstens

DT3000 makes the list only because it's a decent shock for a very low price, otherwise OME and Bilstein are way better. i'd pick Bilsteins over OME, since they are monotube. also check out Rubicon Express monotube shocks, Edelbrock makes them.

Bilstien 5150's are IMO the best shock on the market for under $150. I have had mine for over a year and I'm very pleased with their performance. Little to no shock fade, even on bad washboard roads. I ran DT on my F-250 for a couple of months until I got tired of my teeth rattling.

i'm running the Bilstien 5150's upfront and to save a little money i put 5100's in the back. the rear just doesn't travel enough to justify the added cost of the 5150's IMO.
i love my Bilstiens!

Back