• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naming My XJ

THIEF!

Hey those are professional pictures! LOL! Never really thought about it but those lights look like tenticaled eyeballs! How about Submarine? Especially since she like to sink! LOL! ;)

How about the Termite? it goes through woods and eats everything and yes it has goofy looking lights on the rack.:D

Just plain "BUG". Or you could do what i do with any new vehicle and ask it it's name. What ever pops into your head is it.

Nicks are earned, wait until the time is right and a name will present itself. If you are really pressed for time, and you are ordering airbrushed t-shirts for the whole fam with the jeep and its name on it, you could force it and just call it '86 XJ a.k.a. Penniless. Others will see the (a.k.a.) and naturally assume that it is what others refer to your xj as, or realize that you want a nick really, really bad.

"SPRITE" as in bug eyed and white/clear, love the lites.

Zig has got it! FISH! Its got big "fish" eyes and likes to drink water! LOL! And yes he took it swimming! Literaly!

Bear in mind that there are distinct personalities among vehicles - male or female.

My 87 I called "Clyde" - originally after the camel in Ray Stevens' "Ahab the Arab." After all, "there wasn't nuthin' that could keep up with Clyde once he got started."

My 88 is "Beck" - after COL Charles A. Beckwith, USA (ret) (dec), founder of SFOD-DELTA ("Delta Force.") Beck was one of those guys that could have anything tossed his way, and he'd take it and keep going. Even after the Desert One fiasco (where the Pentagod hung him out to dry,) Beckwith came back stronger and finished his career.

My wife calls her 89 "Bonnie" - but I've never been sure why. I think it goes nicely with "Clyde," and she keeps blaming this on me. Why, I don't know, I didn't do it.

My XJ's didn't get names until I'd driven them about for a while, and they told me themselves. Pretty much everything major has a name now (my computer is Lareth, we each have a GPS in the XJ - hers is "George" and mine is "Otto," you start to get the idea...)

5-90

Look as though you can only run trails that offer:

MAX HEADROOM

Or then again, maybe it ought to...

DUCK!

Back