• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When PB Blaster doesn't work, then what??

ADVNTURR

I worry when rattles stop
Hey all,

I have a receiver hitch tow hook that will not come out of the receiver. I know that it is because the hitch has rusted very badly because of the wonderful upstate NY winters. I pulled the pin out (no I didn't forget to do that :p) and kicked at it for a while to no availe, then started dowsing it in PB Blaster. I hooked it up to our Trooper this morning and tried to pull it out and it didn't move. So I decided to hook up to a tree since I didn't want to send a tow hook through the grill of my parents 2003 Trooper. I spun my tires on asphault, and then tried a not so static rolling pull and all I managed to do was come to a quick stop. I can leave it in, but I would like to get it out so I can sand the hitch and paint it so that if I ever need to actually use the hitch to tow somehting I can. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tapping it with a hammer, while spraying with oil , helps the oil migrate to the dry spots.

I had the same exact problem. LOTS of PB, LOTS of smacking with a hammer to try to get the oil penetrated, then a small sledge to finally get it loose. good luck.

Bet you grease it up, before you stick it back in there. :soapbox:

sounds like a job for a heat wrench. If heating it with a torch doesn't work you might try a product called kroil. I had to buy it out of msc but you find it at someplace like napa. I've heard that a solution of 25% diesel,75% atf works pretty well also.

Back