• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Service in Co Springs?

BoneStock

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 Laredo with 169000 miles on it that needs some engine attention (dripping oil, overheating, poor starting) before I begin modifying it (hence the name "BoneStock"). Anybody know a good place in the Springs (preferably north) that does good work? I just moved to the area and assumed Jeep service shops would just jump out of the phone book. I was wrong! Thanks.

BoneStock said:
I have a 90 Laredo with 169000 miles on it that needs some engine attention (dripping oil, overheating, poor starting) before I begin modifying it (hence the name "BoneStock"). Anybody know a good place in the Springs (preferably north) that does good work? I just moved to the area and assumed Jeep service shops would just jump out of the phone book. I was wrong! Thanks.

Are you looking for discount or full service and the price that comes with it. I've been happy with J&S Alignment, who specialize in 4x4's, but they are not a lot cheaper than a dealer. J&S is on 8th St...not exactly North but not way out South/East either.

I don't know of any place that is "Jeep service shop"...there are 4x4 shops all over the place, but I wouldn't use them for stock maintenance work.

Nay

I second the J&S referral for stock maintenance. As far as once you begin the buildup? I would be skeptical of 4 Wheel Parts (such hot/cold performance) or Tanner (been there 3 times and never felt like they knew what they should). Predator has a terrific shop, but their labor quotes have been wacky according to some, but I have never used them personally for labor so it's all second-hand info. I would try to troubleshoot as much as possible before handing over the keys to any shop though. The hard-start and overheating have been talked about before, so try doing a search in the OEM Tech forum. Even the dripping oil has been addressed. The more knowledge you walk into a shop with, the less likely they are to burn labor finding out what's wrong, so long as you treat them decently when you tell them your findings.

-Rich

save the money a shop would charge you and buy tools than ask for help it will save you thousands in the long run. Or you can pay me and I can do it for you,it sounds like you have just the typical issues.
Led

Back