• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepers Help Save a Life

Okay, I'll neglect the fact that he was free soloing...............But why the hell didn't he tell anyone where he was? Why didn't he have a cell phone or such? If you are going to be free soloing, and then do it alone, without telling anyone where you are and have no means of contact; the guy was being pretty damn stupid.

Actually, I'm not going to neglect the fact that he was free soloing. Not that I disagree with it, but the guy was only 28. I am doubtful that he had been climbing long enought to be free soloing alone. What he did was irresponsible. Its like the stupid shits that go to the red river gorge, get drunk on a ledge and fall off. I love it when they close crags and give climbers a bad name because of these strupid shits!

Everybody thinks that if you climb you are a risk taker~ hard core!~ extreme! Dumb asses. I wish more people would climb responsibly.

Kudos to the TRJC for helping out.

I agree with Dirk. There are some things that you do NOT do alone.

ChiXJeff

I agree wholeheartedly. I lived in Oregon for a few years, and even tried my hand at climbing a few times in places like 'just do it' and some other 13-14 level climbs. Most of these guys are safe to the point of overkill. I don't know if I would have been able to ride up that basket with the guy and not lecture him on 'thinning the herd' and other things dumbasses like himself do to take themselves out of the game. 250 foot ledge, alone, with no beacon or phone or registered route. I think he will have plenty of time to mull this over lying on his back and eating through a straw.

I take my hat off to you if you've gotten on "just do it," and some 14s? My brother and his girlfriend are at that level and I guess its what I'm stiving for. After around 9 months I can do 11s, so I guess thats cool. Have you ever been down to the red- cause I bet we know alot of the same people if you have.

That was 8 years and 40 lbs ago. But thanks for the tip o' the hat.
The amount of training and bodily maintenence needed to do a 14b is not something that I want to be a part of my life anymore.

Back