• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C note

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, ran my 98's A/C thru the machine. There was NO freon left to evacuate but alot of pag oil came out, about 8 ounces. Drew it down to 30lbs vac and held it there for 20 minutes then refilled it with new 134a w/green UV dye. No leak showed after running for 15 min in the bay so it's a small leak that may take some time to showup. Nice having A/C again thats for sure...

did you do the evac yourself or pay a shop? I need to get my A/C running/converted over as well. I already bought one of those kits for the conversion, but I haven't had the time to get it completely evacuated. Got an idea on how much this is gonna cost?

I have a friend/customer that I take care of his snap-on computerized systems and his network and have built a few systems for so we help each other out, he lets me use his machines like the cooling system, A/C so all I'm paying for is the freon/supplies that I use. We're doing a 14bolt chevy rear on a 500hp camaro drag car this weekend that belongs to one of his customers so I get to work with some more rear diffs and lear a bit more.
The A/C machine and the diagnostics logic of an automotive ac system was interesting I'm just big time hoping that that green dye does NOT show up anywhere near the heater box inside the XJ.... we did notice a big nick on the condenser in front of the radiator, the area looked like it had gotten tagged by a pretty big stone. I'm hoping THATS the slow pinhole leak....

Back