• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dump the Frenchies!!

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
Mu friend is thinking about buying an XJ with a worn french tranny (B10?) that is on its way out. Im pretty familiar with the AW4 and thee AX15, but I don't have any experience with these french trannys.
What (exactly) would it take to replace it with an AX15 ? TIA

I understand it's a pretty straightforward swap - make sure to get the donor bellhousing, slave cylinder, shift lever, &c.

IIRC, the AX15 and NV3550 are nearly identical in length to the BA10/5, so no fab and minimal adapting.

How worn is the one you're getting? I have one in an 88 with 225K and Synchro-Smash first and second gears...

5-90

Also - snag the mounts! converting to the older-style internal slave is a bit less costly (only a hose change) where some of the external stuff will require a M/C change as well...

The output spline count on the Ba10/5 differs from that on the AX-15 -- so the input cluster for the T-case will need to be changed...

Back