• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fix or upgrade? (rear leaves)

Tuckman1941

NAXJA Member #747
My 2000 XJ is sitting on 235s, and frankly it looks like the rear wheelwells might just eat the tires for lunch tomorrow. The weight from a full size spare, C4x4 bumper, plus a lot of scuba gear and tools has taken a toll on my rear leaves. On my trip back from school last month, all weighted down, the tires would scrub my C4x4 rear rocker guards when I hit big bumps. Terrible noise to hear going 70.

So my question is this. Should I (in order of desire):

1. Add a full-length 2" AAL
2. Do an RE AAL BB (which probably won't sit level)
3. Go for it with a 3"

My concern is that I want the Jeep to sit level, but higher than it wants to be stock. The rear leaves are really only sagging about an inch, but the 235 ATs make it look like a lot more.

I think I'd like to have her sit a bit taller, but probably not 3". Ideally, I'd like to get the effect of a BB on new springs. I just feel like she'd look pretty much the same as she does now, just higher, if I do a BB.

I'm even confusing myself.

Tucker

Why dont you go to the junk yard and get a leaf pack off a old dodge 1/2 ton? you keep your top leaf and use as many leaves from the dodge pack as you need to sit where you want. if you use all the dodge leaves you will have a couple inches of lift. This method takes time but is very inexpensive.

Back