• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tell me what part I need to mount my rack! Here's pics.

SonomaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I got this rack with the XJ when I bought it. It was at one point mounted to the Jeep. When I bought it, the Jeep had changed hands so the guy I bought it from did not do the work on the Jeep.

This rack was made custom to fit on the factory roof rails. It lines up and everything works out, but the problem is there is another part of the mount that I was missing.

The rack may be custom made, but what I was told was that when the rack was mounted, it used some sort of over the counter mount. So...that includes Yakima, Surco, Wilderness, blah blah blah.

Instead of searching high and low (yes I've searched for pics already) in shops and buying and returning, I'm asking for some help from people who have done this type of thing, and hopefully someone will recognize the mount required and let me know what I should buy.

Again all I know is that this at one point was mounted with a factory roof rail mount that is in production.

The pics suck (camera couldn't focus and I was in a hurry) but you get the jist of what it looks like.

Pics: http://angelfire.com/mech/prerunner/test.html

Back