• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Bushings

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be replacing my stock front coils with OME 2 inch coils. The bushings at the top end of the springs are looking fairly beat. Can these be removed? I was thinking of a 3/4 poly spacer in its place, anyone try this??

I believe the correct term is "Isolators". Can I remove them all together since they are in rough shape?? Then just use a 3/4 inch poly spacer.

yeah its an isolator, i would ditch that shotty looking stock isolator and put a 1 3/4 inch poly spacer and youlll get like 1 1/2. do you have neww lower control arms? and what r u looking at as far as lift cause if your stock the 1 3/4 inch will be fine with a 2 inch spacer w/o spending too much money on your front end

Currently, I have a 2 inch spacer and the stock isolators. I am replacing the spacers with 2 inch OME coils. Hoping to ditch the isolators in favor of some 3/4 inch poly spacers. All stock control arms, no radical lift rolling on 30 inch tires, with no wobbles or vibrations. Would like to keep it that way too!

SPSERG said:
Currently, I have a 2 inch spacer and the stock isolators. I am replacing the spacers with 2 inch OME coils. Hoping to ditch the isolators in favor of some 3/4 inch poly spacers. All stock control arms, no radical lift rolling on 30 inch tires, with no wobbles or vibrations. Would like to keep it that way too!

You can get new isolators at the Jeep dealership pretty cheap, or use the 3/4" poly spacers.......either will work fine. The old beat up isolators will work fine also, but replacements are cheap. The stock isolators are a steel donut covered with rubber, and the rubber gets chewed up sometimes.

Back