• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switch Mounting

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
I am looking at buying some auxillary lights for my bumper, the only hard part I have is where to mount the switch. I have a 98 XJ Sport so I don't have any spare knock out spots to use, so I was wondering if there is anywhere else on the dash to mount a switch that wont be difficult to get off or won't interfere with wiring hidden behind the dash?
Thanks

I am not familiar witht he interior of that year, but do you have room on the console? I have mounted switch around the shift lever or in front of the ebrake.

Now thats a way I hadn't thought of, and I'm betting I do, or maybe I'll put it in the console compartment to keep unruly passengers from using it and causing blindness to other drivers lol.

I mounted a premade switch panel with 6 switches in the panel under the steering wheel right by my knees. Fit perfectly. If you want pics, PM me with your email addy.

did you make the panel yourself, or purchase it? I only plan on mouning one switch, so i think that would be more of a waste of space for my application. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

In front of the shifter on mine there is a recess, that looks like it´s for sun glasses. Had an extra piece of brushed satin stainless and made a cover. Could have used black plastic also. Pretty easy to run wires to that location. I made mine with side pieces (bent) so it sits at a better angle. Found a good ground under the shifter cover, to light my, switch on, indicator lights.

Back