• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Fluid.

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I wrecked my XJ 3 weeks ago and it popped the Trans fluid line off and drained onto the ground. Looked like maybe a couple quarts. With that line undone would I be right in assuming the fluid drained out of it and what was in the line and radiator. Wouldn't most of it would still be in the tranny ? I drove it about 30 ft and the torque convertor was really loud. So I'm assuming it was dry as well. Any info would be Cool.
Been 3 weeks and the insurance company still hasn't let me know if they are totaling it. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ! I'm gonna fix it any how.

See yuh !
Thanks !

Have you at least checked the current level? Attempted to add some if ya know some poured out? Mine sat with the hoses disconnected for a bit and drained more than 3 qts. I had to almost totally refill it in fact. DO NOT drive it that low either.

Sarge

Yah, the only reason I did was to get it out of the midde of the intersection. I am going to go down with a gallon and refill it. Then when it shows on the stick again I'll start it and let the torgue convertor get fluid then check it again.
Thanks

Back