• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie wiring question

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
So I won a set of driving lights at the Jamboree in Nova Scotia and they came w/o a wiring kit. I went to the parts store and picked up wire, connectors, switch and inline fuse so how do I wire the lights now?????

on the back of the switch there are three connections, neg,12v and acc. I'm confused on all fronts here; i.e. where do I put the inline fuse, how do I wire the two lights togetherwhere does the ground go etc, etc. Any step by step would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick

get a relay.....

run a power wire coming from the battery with inline fuse to #30 on the relay.....run a wire from the lights to #87 on the relay.....run a ground wire to #85 on the relay..... run a wire from the center of the switch to #86 on the relay....then run a wire on the supply contact on the switch to a power source......if u want the switch to light up hook up a wire to the ground contact on the switch and then just ground that wire to the vehicle......

Back