• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello to all!

FranXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, mi name is Fran and from now I'll post in this forum.

I posted in JU from 5 years ago to date, and now i'll use this forum also.

I have a XJ 96 stock with Iron front & rear D44 and no lift, with only 60k miles on it.

And, from now in advance, sorry for my english jeje!

Fran

Hi Fran. Welcome from the oldest semi-newbie (oldest oldie, probably). I'll watch your posts with special interest because I too have a stock '96, just bought 2 months ago w/90000ish miles.

Did you buy yours new? I envy you that low mileage. What is an "iron front"?

You will like this forum. Lots of incredibly smart people, nice to boot.

(That has nothing to do with wanting to kick anyone--yet, at least; it's an English idiom that means "also" or "as well".)

Hell, I envy him for having stock d44s front and rear.

Mike

You mean you just assume a person with D44s front & rear has to be a man even though (his?) name is Fran? That sounds like axle chauvinism to me.

I didn't know these were ever stock, BTW. Were they part of some kind of package?

welcome from NC

BTW export XJ had 44's

Hi guys

Fran is the short name from Francisco, and I'm male.

And yes, the XJ, ZJ and Wj that are made in South America (Venezuela has the unique Jeep Factory in America outside the US and the plant in Austria) comes with solid iron (not aluminium) front and rear D44 axles made by Dana Venezuela. There are some differences between the US Jeeps and the outside US Jeeps, I don't know why, but, thanks to god, in benefit of us the non-us Citizens jeje!

I'll post a few pics in the next days: by the way you can go to this address to see some beach pics taked 3 months ago.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/franpcl/

Thanks to all!

I've been trying to figure this out. Do you suppose the heavier-duty axles were used in SA in expectation of more primitive roads?

Back