• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Lift?

Blackash132

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having sort of a hard time with lift choices for my 2000 xj. I just want to run 31 bfg's and i was looking at maybe a Black diamond 3 inch or a trailmaster 4 inch but I really don't know much about the advantages of either... Help!

id look at BDS i just put a set of 3 inch coils, 1.75 spacers, 3 inch full leafs, and 1.5 shackles. im realy pleased with the ride, not quite as smooth as stock but that might be mainly from switching from 28 inch street tires, to 33 inch mts. it also flexes good, and i immagine it will only flex beter because the springs arnt broke in yet.

kolby

a lot of the guys run RE and are really happy w/ the results, so you might wanna check them out also. i cant say anything one way or the other, my parts are in Wa and my jeep is in Germany.

I've had a Trailmaster kit for several years now, and have done mild trials with it. I also have 31x10.50-15s BFG's. My Jeep is a 92, but the kit was first installed on my 86. Both Jeeps were/are my DD's. Its a strong kit, offers good flex, and I like it. The RE kits are good too.

both my daughters are running Rubicon Express 3.5" lifts. Both were easy to install. In fact we did the first one on the trailer in front of the motel in Moab. Under a shade tree of course! They have run 31s with no trimming on stock backspacing rims. This is a very nice lift.

You didnt say what youre driving needs are,but my choice would be RE!

Well I am using the jeep as my DD I drive about 300 miles a week for work but like to go wheelin on the weekends. Not really extreme stuff but i want some flex. I have looked at the RE lifts and I like those but there are 2 different choices in the 3.5" the super-flex and super-ride. What is the difference? thanks for all of your help

If you want awsome flex that wont rip the brackets off your Jeep then go with the Super-flex kit,you cant beat it.The difference is the flex-joint,it doesnt bind up like rubber or poly!
tnRE3792.jpg

Do it right the 1st time. You will spend more cash in the end running a TM kit for sure, replacing parts and everything.

I vote RE's 3.5" superflex. It might be a tad spendy for some people (you think it's cheap to lift just 3" but it's really not), but it will ride good, not sag badly, and will be well worth the cash you put in. Quality parts for sure.

Back