• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ XJ owners, could you help me out?

naturalbornmudder

NAXJA Forum User
hey fellas, I need 2 things...

could someone post a pic of the fuse box diagram for the inside fuse box in the passenger floor board? Preferrably a Limited because it has power windows,seats, mirrors, door locks, heated seats etc.

#2, I have a problem with my XJ starting. I have a 99 with the 4.0 auto( I think they all have the 4.0 when 97+ right?) Well, sometimes when I start it, it will not stay running unless I keep my foot on the gas. Also, sometimes when I turn the ignition on, the battery seems to supply no voltage to the rig. Then other times it is just fine. When I say no voltage, I mean the key beeper dulls out, the guages don't come up at all, etc. Then I wait for a few minutes and it works fine. I just tried cleaning the battery terminals, but they did not look too bad at all.
ANy ideas fellas? This one has me stumped.

could it be a short in the wires? I seem to be having a problem with electrical shorts in the rig. The heated seat shorted out, the Infinity sound in the door, etc.
I am gettin ga little frustrated wuith it but I don't wanna lose my patience. I love my XJ, especially after the lift, tires, bumper, and winch.

Did you find the fuse box diagram?

Edit: Found it in my 2000 FSM:

fusebox.pg1.jpg

fusebox.pg2.jpg

fusebox.pg3.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same problem a while back where I would have to keep my foot on the gas for my XJ to keep running. I have a '98 sport but I had to replace my battery so you might want to get that checked out, it might be the problem.

Back