• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie Report! (long)

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Let me start by saying WOW! I never imagined how much fun it could be to get out in the mountains! Well it was basically 4 rigs hitting the trails Saturday morning. 2 cj's and 2 xj's. And lets just say the guy in the locked front and rear cj was impressed. He even said so! So what did we run. Well we started out on Dickey Bell about 10 in the morning. Things seem to be going great but I kept haveing to power over the and up the hills. Finally the cj behind me said he thought I didn't have the front drives. Well I was crawling and powering that trail in 4 lo. So I thought. Got hung once and had to strapped up one steep grade near the end. While strappig I noticed a clean liquid comeing from my clay caked undercarrage. Gas! Two nights b4 while putting my rails on I nicked my fuel line with my drill. So we went to the top of the mountain and i set out to work. About 30 min with a clap, and rubber hose and jb weld the leak was stopped. So we went back to the campground for lunch and got there about 12:30. At which point I put the front on jack stands to discover that the disconnect was not working. I had just done the slickery trail in 2 lo basically. After tinkering with vacume hoses for a little while I finally said tohell with it and pulled the motor. Slid the collar to lock it in place and moved the e clip to hole the shift fork in constant lock. So we set out that afternoon at about 2 ish. The plan was to do the top loop of Rocky Mount to Saw Mill to Slab Pile and up to Kodak Rock! Well we never made it to Kodak Rock b/c there was a steep hill climb that the old Ghost with bald tires could not make! So we turned around and went down the bottom of Rocky Mount to the double parking lot and out. It was 8:45 when we hit the parking lot! All in all it was a great run and lots of fun! Cannot wait to go back with a better running xj and newer tires!

Oh I forgot to mention that it rained most of the night on Friday!

Sounds like you had fun! I was commenting to Woody Saturday at the show that I'd like to have seen you out there in all that mud! :laugh: Not that I'd WANT to be there in it again,just to watch :rolleyes: If you want,I'll keep an eye out for some replacement tires for your rig,just tell me what size you're looking for :thumbup:

I'm thinin 33" right now! Did I mention that she worked HARD all day with very little problems.

Pictures.......

Trail fuel line repair.......

Trail Break!

Poser shot while takeing a break on the trail...

Flexing whil trying to get out!

Was slick here. Was getting some flex on the little burms!

Zig.......... U R Famous!

The only person I have brought here!

Zig on the trails.......

92 XJ From around here! I think he post some here. I'm working on him though!

I want to see more pics of Zig's XJ. lol
when me and George left yesterday we stopped by elderado ( i cant spell it) and there were 2 tuff XJ out there i took pics but not developed yet, one on 31's and one on 33's!

Sorry Zig It seems I spent more time Wheeling then picture takeing! However I know now how to do both!

ANd another!

One of the guys in a CJ sent me this this morning!

Hmmmm Working on July!

Well,you've got 2 1/2 months to work on an excuse as to why you couldn't make it THIS time :laugh: Seriously,though. You HAVE to be there this year,even if you can't bring your rig. SOMEBODY will have an open seat for you to ride in so you can have fun,too!

sorry i could not make it on sat. tried hard but worked all day fri at 1st job till 6am sat on 2nd. to tired.
hope to meet all of you sometime in the future!

Zig on a trail break!!!!!

One of the CJ's was running low on gas so we took a break after the Ghost struggled up this hill at Slab Pile I think!

Back