• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles and abs

96Classic

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I wrecked the 96 and I bought a 2000. The 2000 as you know has a Low pinion :mad: Well, the HP in my 96 is ruined so I cant use it. I am talking with a guy about one from another 96, but has abs. My 2000 has abs. I want to ditch so I can put my 44 in the rear. My question is, can I just change shaft on the 96 to get rid of the tone rings or is it more involved than that. Or, can I just keep the axle the way it is and just slap it in withought hooking abs up to it?

:anon:

just toss the 2000 axle into the 96'. the 96 is questionable wheather it has 27 or 29 spline shafts anyways.
96Classic said:
Ok, so I wrecked the 96 and I bought a 2000. The 2000 as you know has a Low pinion :mad: Well, the HP in my 96 is ruined so I cant use it. I am talking with a guy about one from another 96, but has abs. My 2000 has abs. I want to ditch so I can put my 44 in the rear. My question is, can I just change shaft on the 96 to get rid of the tone rings or is it more involved than that. Or, can I just keep the axle the way it is and just slap it in withought hooking abs up to it?

:anon:

Im sorry, I should have specified. I was talking about the Dana 30. I want to put a HP dana 30 in the 2000 but the HP has abs. Can I just toss it in or do I have to change shafts and such to get rid of the abs.

Back