• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone out there?

green theres several people from the western side....i hapen to be one of like (4???) from the eastern side, so i'm sure you'll find someone;) We're around, just go search for the "whos coming" in the NWfest thread.

Kris

Your not alone in west wa. I`m in tacoma .
I`ve run some of Evans Creek ,Elbe Hills ,Haven`t been to the Walker area except a little on Motor cycle. My favorites are in Eastern Wa.

well as it stands right now my xj isnt doing any wheelin except for logging roads it is a dead stock 1990 pioneer with 215/75 R15 tigerpaw street tires on it i do have a couple of friends in the area with built xjs and i also have a cj7 with about 10" of lift and 35" baja claws but it has a blown tranny and i dont have the money to fix either jeeps problems right now..... im not whining just curious if there were any local members i could talk to or go wheelin with after i got one of the toys fixed or setup also i am considering becoming a member

verrive said:
You westies need to stay over there :p This memorial day weekend a ton of places got ripped a new asshole unfortunetly :(

- Kevin

Heheh, where do ya think I'm moving to when I leave the west side :D

oh goodie....now they are gonna take over our side of the state! j/k

i think i'm farther east than most.....cept the one guy in spokane.
who did what to the trails over memorial day wknd? i know its not my old jeep club....they are pretty good...musta been some of the other yak. valley guys.

Kris

I know a lot of places up Manastash got turn up unfortunetly. Just after they ran an article in the paper about how they are going to try and crack down on illegal mudding and such.

For reference I was born and raised in Ellensburg :p

- Kevin

ouch.....i dont think anyone from my old jeep club heads up on manastash...they stick to chinook and white pass. i was born and raised in Bickleton (yea, see if you can find that on a road map:D) yall mighta heard of it....oldest rodeo/tavern in the state.

Don`t blame all the westies for the bad few,
probably some live on that side too.
I did see a suzuki group tear up stuff on Menashtash in 2002 ,they didn`t want to wait for a jeep club to clear a log and break thru a snow drift to stay on the trail. That group of suks I saw at the rocks alot.
The group clearing the trail was Tacoma Webfooters and Klamouth 4 Wheelers

Don't worry I was just joking ;) Idiots come from all around. I definetly can't say there's not people here doing it. If this huge red ford F-250 on like 36-37" TSLs isn't just for looks I can't imagine it's for navigating the trails :x

- Kevin

hards, i've ran w/ one of the guys from the webfooters before....'s one of my older bro's friends dad....has a really nice cj7, they're a bunch of good guys, so its not everyone, theres people who have excrement for brains on both sides of the mnts....

verrive....i know from watching fullsize that they dont do so hot up there....watched a suburban get wedged between 2 trees coming down a hell....forest service told 'em they were NOT cuttin the trees, so they had better figure out some other way to get the 'burban outta there....i believe they ended up cuttin it up, or findin a couple w/ a huge winch(s)....we didnt stick around to find out, we were all laughin too hard.

We should all collect donations from offroad companies and supe up a Cherokee for the forest service so they can go on the trails and patrol and ticket people who feel like going off the trail :p

- Kevin

I know webfooters are nice thats why I was one of them.
Who do you know from there ( just Last name) .
My mom was #14 charter member in 1958.

verrive said:
We should all collect donations from offroad companies and supe up a Cherokee for the forest service so they can go on the trails and patrol and ticket people who feel like going off the trail :p

- Kevin

They need a rig like what El Dorado County Sheriff uses for patroling the Rubicon! :laugh3:

I dunno if it'll go over, but what if some clubs or people offered to take USFS officials out there so they could ticket people abusing the trail systems. I've seen such cooperation take place with SAR, but then agin the circumstances are diffrent when it comes to SAR.

lol hards i couldnt think of his name if my life depended on it....but i know he'd come run w/ the lower valley canyon crawlers every once in awhile....its one of my friends bro's dad (or somethin like that) i only ever wheeled w/ him once, but he did have a really nice cj7. black or green....cant remember, last time i got to go "wheeling" was 2002

Back