• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting factory AC to OBA

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
I am purchasing an 87 XJ with 4.0 and A/C. I am going to convert to OBA. Should I be worried about freon when I disconnect hoses. What should I know about before I cut the top two hoses. I know how to wire and set up, just need to know about freon blow out etc or anything I need to know before converting.
Thanks

Take your rig to a repair shop. They can remove the freon in a safe, PC way. Don't, however, release it into the atmosphere and let anyone on this board know about it.

Hey all,
I wasn't planning on venting the freon into the atmosphere, just wanted to know about disconnecting the two top lines. I wan't sure if they could first be disconnected and then brought to the shop or the other way around. I suppose the answer to that would be shop first. I know the dangers of freon and that is why I posted to get some ideas and options.
Thanks,
Dan

Back