• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lights on 96

dbltapp

NAXJA Forum User
I looked up the other threads on this, but wanted to make sure I am looking in the right direction. Last night we noticed that when you try and turn on the HB, the LB would shut off, but if I turned the truck off, then back on, and put the lights on, They would be fine. I got the HB to work once. Also, I have factory(?), fog lights, and I am not sure ifturning those on off had anything to do with anything. Thanx

OK I didn't say what I meant. When I turn on the lights, LB, and then try to put on the HB, the lights go out all together. I then have to to push in the switch, turn off the motor, re-start the jeep,pull out the switch, and then I have my low beams back.

I have that happening on my 96 too. Fortunately the little gremlin has been lazy and I haven't experienced it lately. It seems as though it has something to do with the steering column switch, no???

Short in the steering column maybe? I know that if i touch my column in certain places/angles/ways my horn will go off at random...... freaked me out the first time it happened.

Hummmmmmm

Sounds kinda familiar with those who were installing fogs in the past without being careful of the existing wiring arangement. If done without proper relays seemed to exhibit those same symptoms. If you have the factory fogs, i'd ck the relays. Sounds like one of them is sticking on, or off. I installed fogs with a factory harness on my '98 and as i recall added at least two relays maybe three to the mass.

Back