• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Alternator for extra lights?

WTF is a dricing light?

no i have a 98 with a set of 500s and a set of micro DE fog and many other lights for offroad. with no problems.

hey offroad he spelt it right;)

Kris

i have Hella Vision Plus, Hella 500 driving, Hella Micro DE fog, JD dozer lights in the front fenders, 5 55 watt area lights on my roof rack and less than 65 amps with all of them on.

The shop foreman at the starter and alternator shop that I work for (whose opinion I trust and respect) says most people who get high amp units built really dont need them. How often will you be driving at night with all of the lights on? Watch the voltmeter, it will tell you if you really need to upgrade. If see the needle dropping below 12.5 occasionally you will probably appreciate the difference a high amp unit makes. By the way I can upgrade my factory unit to 120 amps for essentially free but the 90 amp does fine even with stuff plugged in the inverter.

Back