• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Lifts?

turdles

NAXJA Forum User
I just called the 4x4 shop in my area to order the 5.5" RE lift kit, the guy on the phone told me that they no longer sold any part made by RE for the XJ's. He told me that they had too many complaints about the brushing wearing out and breaking. Has this happened to any of ya'll who have the 5.5 RE lift?

turdles said:
I just called the 4x4 shop in my area to order the 5.5" RE lift kit, the guy on the phone told me that they no longer sold any part made by RE for the XJ's. He told me that they had too many complaints about the brushing wearing out and breaking. Has this happened to any of ya'll who have the 5.5 RE lift?

sounds like a load of BS as quite a few people run variations of their lifts (differnet components) or whole setups altogether..... get in touch with Richard @ www.fullsizexjgear.com and he can get you setup with everything.

I ordered 4.5" lift last Monday and I've been told that all XJ lifts are on back-order from RE. I was told that they were short on control arms and trac bars. I'm a little upset since I'm going to miss a XJ only run (not too many of those in this area) but that's a minor issue. In the mean time I've installed 31x10.50x15's and trimmed up my rear fendor (sledge hammer, tin snips, razor blade, black paint, and patience). I don't think I'll be able to lift my right arm tomorrow. :laugh:

lol at least you arent waiting to SEE your jeep, rough. i havent gotten to touch/see/drive it in over 14 months (the joys of iraq) and then i gotta wait till i take it back to the states before i lift it, so i think you'll be ok till RE gets your stuff sent to ya;)

Kris

But just think of all that tax free income! :) I agree my woe's are pretty simple compared to yours. Stay safe and I'll try to post a pic of my newly trimmed vendors (I cringed as the first of the sheet metal was folding)

Even tho my shop does not cary the RE lifts i will be ordering them this week and hopefully install it the next week:)

Thanks for all the help.

rough, my tax free income isnt NEAR what the civilian guys are making out here. it takes 3 months of my pay to equal ONE month of theirs. talk about messed up huh? actually the money isnt too bad, it allowed me to buy the jeep i've wanted for a long time *decicco's 83cj5* and buy the parts i wanted for mine, a new pc, and get outta debt. so i'm happy.

Kris

Yeah, I agree that they pay is messed up. Stay safe and when you get back make sure to take long, well deserved vacation. (this is the best time to work on the XJ) ;)

Back