• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened to the Adopt-a-Trail??

Waaaaay ! off topic

Dan
Was that your XJ in the Jp (June I think) mag. ? The TDS story......
Sorry to get Waaaaay off subject......
See Ya!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Dan Turner said:
Last I remember, there was talk of a july 4 run in big bear for an adopt-a-trail deal.
weren't Sequoia and Ed Stevens working on that?

Dan

Since no one else has stepped up, I'll give my limited information, based on a conversation I had with Sequoia.

Apparently the forms have all been sent in for us to adopt 3N204 (check that number in the previous posts.) Some administrative "glitches" have caused a proccessing delay, but now everything is all set and we are just waiting for official confirmation form the Forest Service that our request has been excepted. I would imagine the clean-up time will be decided shortly after that. At this point the 4th seems kinda close.

Anyway take it for what its worth, hopefully Sequoia will provide some more information (or just correct me.)

Matt

Sorry about not getting to this sooner, was a hell've a day at work (my boss is leaving, so all sorts of last minute stuff going on). What Matt said is correct, to add a bit further I e-mailed our USFS Liason today asking him about the app and such. The fourth weekend won't work for me (other stuff going on), but we'll get something going. We should be able to use the Round Valley group campground as our base of operations, it's close to the junction of 2N01 and 2N04 (2N04 being our road). Scott (sintax) and I ran 2N04 this weekend to get up to the moutain, it's in great shape, all I can see is that there's a few spots that may need a little brush cleared off. It's an easy trail, unfortuantly I don't think they'll let us make it into a diamond trail :D

Well I think we COULD make it into a diamond trail if we really felt like moving some boulders. I did take some pictures of the junction where we camped. It did look like a fairly low use trail and was really clean.

enjoy the pics.

mini_DSC00068.sized.jpg

mini_DSC00069.sized.jpg

mini_DSC00070.sized.jpg

mini_DSC00071.sized.jpg

Exactly how hard is it to move some boulders?Will heavy machinery be needed ? or can recovery straps and winchs do the trick?Building trails is awsome, the USFS and SD4wheelers are altering Bronco peak this fall and I'm excited to help.I'd like to help with this trail too.

Redoing Bronco Peak this Fall? How about right now.
They were marking out the new route this weekend when we were running the 'old' Bronco Peak route.
The forest service rep said we were the last goupe to do the old route.
I offered our help for the new route...although the guy I talked to was an arrogant a-hole...I can deal with him..and can deal with a new route also!
Check out the hole Bronco Peak saga on SoCalXJ.com.
Rick R

What all is required for this run/work? I know a lot of the runs have required equipment lists...Keep us updated on the dates for this since it sounds like it may not be over the 4th. Which is good because I'll be out of town anyways.

Jump This said:
Redoing Bronco Peak this Fall? How about right now.
They were marking out the new route this weekend when we were running the 'old' Bronco Peak route.
The forest service rep said we were the last goupe to do the old route.
I offered our help for the new route...although the guy I talked to was an arrogant a-hole...I can deal with him..and can deal with a new route also!
Check out the hole Bronco Peak saga on SoCalXJ.com.
Rick R
I wanna do bronco peak: how about early to mid July?

Back