• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Gas tank OEM skid

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
Anyone have a picture of a 97+ gas skid? I'm try'n to help a buddy out & thought I had one BUT !! it no workie... I did find a pre 97 for mine but I'm not sure what one looks like.... I thought someone awhile back stated there were variations on the 97+ ?
Any picts. & thoughts?
Thanks !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

97 was the year of the plastic tank and the year that divides the body styles.Some have used a late model Grand Cherokee WJ gas tank skid and re-drilled the mounting holes.
Pre 97 skids wont work.
Wayne

I have a 98, my skid looks like the ZJ style and has two drainage fins on it. Remember you will need the nut cert plates that go inside the frame rails to mount it.

We're aware of the year swap, we're aware of the nut strips, I just haven't seen a post 96 skid to know what it looks like. It does have two "1.75" (approx.)"groves" on each side at first I thought might be for the tank straps but ruled that out & the front pass. side is cut at a 45* alittle. The one I have was off the vehicle & behind a early 90s XJ but was no where close to fitting on my 96. My next thought was a it's for a post 96 but it won't fit on a 2001 , it had cherokee written in it with the ink stick that junkyards use. I'm baffled....maybe it's for a ZJ or WJ ???
Oh well if anyone finds a pict. I'd be interested in seeing it.....
Thanks Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Check Ebay for pics

Back