• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A river runs through it....

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
Most saturday nights you'd find me out partying with my friends, or under the Jeep wrenching. However, this saturday night I spent with my family watching the movie, "A river runs through it." Since I left for college, "family night" has been a rare thing and until just now, not really missed. Having grown up with a father obsessed with fly fishing, and a younger brother who is much better at it than I will ever be, I can truly relate to story portrayed in this movie. I don't really know why I'm telling you all this, except that I've just now found a new, deeper appreciation of the shortness of life, and how special family really is. I guess I'd just like to say, to those that haven't seen it, go rent this movie, and sit down with your families and watch it. Even if you don't fish, even if you're having problems. Take the time to watch this movie. If it doesn't move you, if it doesn't make you think, I don't really know what will. To those that have seen it, but not recently, watch it again. I'd seen it before, 2 or 3 times, but it never touched me the way it did tonight. I realized tonight why my dad holds on so tightly, not 'cause he doesn't want me to live, but because it's truly painful to let go. I'll stop rambling now, but I urge you, one last time, watch this movie.....be touched. May God bless you all.

Sincerely

Arya Ebrahimi

Back