• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding?

turdles

NAXJA Forum User
On this lift "RE6200 5.5" XJ Extreme Duty for Dana 44 Rear Axles- With its 4-link design front suspension system and use of the stock control arm locations (no welding), your XJ can easily be turned into a trail monster." Will i need to re-locate the controll arms?(will i have to weld?)

turdles said:
On this lift "RE6200 5.5" XJ Extreme Duty for Dana 44 Rear Axles- With its 4-link design front suspension system and use of the stock control arm locations (no welding), your XJ can easily be turned into a trail monster." Will i need to re-locate the controll arms?(will i have to weld?)

is this a trick question? it plainly states "use of the stock control arm locations (no welding)" :shhh:

dennisuello said:
is this a trick question? it plainly states "use of the stock control arm locations (no welding)" :shhh:

Yeah i thought that too, but people have told me that the control arm location will have to be changed regardless. I was just wondering if anyone has done this lift and can tell me for sure

turdles said:
Yeah i thought that too, but people have told me that the control arm location will have to be changed regardless. I was just wondering if anyone has done this lift and can tell me for sure

DUH, the kit comes with control arm drop brackets, which sole purpose is to relocate the control arm mount points, and there is NO WELDING REQUIRED, just as description states.

dennisuello said:
DUH, the kit comes with control arm drop brackets, which sole purpose is to relocate the control arm mount points, and there is NO WELDING REQUIRED, just as description states.

Dang man no reason to get all uptight I just wanted to make sure.

I know there's no need to chime in here, but I will. Jeepin.com has a decent writeup on the kit and the install here:

http://www.jeepin.com/features/rexd/index.asp

A buddy down the street has the same kit on his 93 4-door and loves it to death. I have spent plenty of time underneath his rig and the kit is generally well worth the money. Take some time on the install, have sharp drillbits and soak all your threads well before you plan to do the lift and it should go nice and smooth. The control arms themselves are dropped and moved forward..so that answers that question.

Good luck with it!

-Rich

Back