• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another one of those dumb newb tire Q's

SVT

NAXJA Forum User
Okay the rig now has relatively 6 inches of fully functional lift. & I have 31x10.50's on a 15x8 rockcrawler rim. The tires are not bad but they are wearing pretty good, more like the lugs decided to start breaking off :smsoap: I know I want to go bigger & that I want to run some 4.56's when the time comes to change tire. but as the newbs :anon: always ask, what is a good combo to run. I am looking @ 3 sizes of tires ;
32x11.50
33x10.50
33x12.50
Witch tire size would best suit the application of highway driving ,rock climing,mudding, & all other descriptions of wheeling.I also still want to be able to tuck the tires into the fenders
( I have already started hacking the fenders too!) or should I just stick with 31's even thogh they look too small ? :helpme:

so are you going to regear? or just want to?? what are the current gears? once you start going bigger it all "snow-balls" 33s and 4.56s are a good combination i personally would not go to 33s without the right gears....

mike

6" of lift, 33x10.5 tires will work fine. I would think you still have stock gears, maybe an auto trans so 3.55 ratio. I did it for about three years on that size tire with the 3.55. Sucked on gas but it would get up to speed with the old overdrive trans switch. I do run 4.11 gears now and with gas prices like they are it has paid for its self over the last year or so. 33x10.5's tuck really nice in the fender. I have cut the front fender level with the lights, and a little flare trim here and there but they work great. I also drive about 500-1000 miles a week with this setup so it's a DD and works fine for me. I did switch to BFG AT's this past summer after 3 years of Super Swamper Radials (only ones with the 33x10.5 size at the time) I will be going back to a MT style tire sometime down the road. But any BFG AT or MT will work great as a daily driver. Juice

Thanks Juice , Well yes it is an auto with 242 tcase & 3.55 gears & I will be locking & regearing when I jump up to the new tire size.I think there 3" of BS but I will go check the box.
Hey Jucie what kind of fuel milage did you get with 4.11 & 33 x10.50?
I think I am leaning toward 33's cause come on their 33"s :rof:

Quote: "Whats a better tire?" If money is any consideration, the Trxus is way cheaper...either will work well in hardpack and sand...as for mud...they will do ok if it's not too sloppy....if it's "gator-hole standing water muck" ....you are gonna need to go to D.O.T. and apply for a hull number. :D

Back