• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who here has a 2-door with 32's on it?

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
There is so much conflicting info on what will fit and such. Does anyone here drive a 96 or earlier 2-door XJ with 32 inch meats on it. Did you have to trim, how much lift do you have?

I do. I have a '89 with 32'' MTR's. I have 4.5'' of lift in the back and about 5-5.5'' in the front. I will be adding a bumper and winch soon. I have not had any real trouble with hitting. I am not using flares right now, so that will does help. In the rear I cut to the pinch seam and folded over. In the front the only contact was right behind the wheel. At full stuff and the wheels turned hard I would hit. This is cause my control arms are a bit to short for the lift in the front. Now, I have cut a fair amount and it never hits. The front has about 5'' before it will hit. The rear, I have my sway bar so flex is limited. But there is about 2'' before hitting. Here is my Jeep. Go to Fenders. Sorry, no flex pics yet.

i have a 93 xj, with front rustys 4.5" coils and new isolators, the rear is rustys 4.5" springs and 1.75" shackle. i trimmed the front airdam off and straight off the flare. it never rubs in the rear, the front rubs on the front of the wheel well when turning and stuffing. but not enough to damage anything or chop up the tire. i have RE drop brackets and braces as well as stock control arms. no sway bars. i think i can fit 33s, if i cut the front end to how a 97+, with the bumper going straight around. good luck.

I did pretty much what Starboard did....Stuff scrubs sometimes when it gets real flexed up.....Don't forget that a tire that is advertised as a particular height may or may not be that height...some Interco tires for example are considerably taller than the specified height. My Coopers are a little shorter than advertised, but i wouldn't trade 'em for anything besides Boggers.

if it will fit a four door it will fit a two door. the only differance is the doors not the length of the body or the wheel wells. i have 33's with a re 5.5 and some rubbing also trimmed the bottom of the front fender

lbexj has exactly what your looking for. i think he has about 5.5" lift. not sure what kind. hit him up and he probably will be glad to share his thoughts.

Back