• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caster Help?.. please

tellicorick

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I've got my HP D30 stripped down ready to weld on the new inner knuckles so I can run F150 hubs, rotors etc. and need a little guidance on setting the caster angle and pinion angle.

My set-up is going to be a Clayton Long Arm, ACOS and springs for a lift in the neighborhood of 5 inches, with the option of going up a couple of inches in the future.

Given this, what is the qualified opinion out there on setting the new knuckles before welding in order to prevent DW now and having a little to play with in the future, if I decide to go up. Remember, the front end won't be rotating on the street 'cause of the locking hubs and the front is a non-disco.

Thanks,
Tellicorick

When is set my hp44 up I had the pinion pointed at the transfercase roughly 9*, and I set the caster on the inner C's at 10* to give me a little extra room for when I go to 8" of lift. If you can get over 7* caster your ahead of the game.

Back