• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone ever....

Fletchs90xj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever used there old AC condeser as a trany cooler? Wasn't sure on how to search that topic and what I did try came up with nothing.
So would this work??? Or am I just on crack?

Fletch

Why not, the only short coming, might be most A/C condensors are pretty big, kind of overkill for a tranny cooler. Might keep your tranny from reaching operating temp. in very cold weather.
Rinse out the cooler with a good solvent, don´t need the acidic refrigeration oil, in your tranny.
I live in a very cold climate, so I usually run my aux. tranny cooler, in series with the, in radiator cooler, oils get thick at minus whatever.

For what a tranny cooler costs, forget it and just buy one. Not only is there a HUGE difference in the physical size but also in the size of the cooling passages. The condensor's is a lot smaller so you're going to be adding a lot of restriction. Tranny coolers are cheap.

AJsArmor said:
For what a tranny cooler costs, forget it and just buy one. Not only is there a HUGE difference in the physical size but also in the size of the cooling passages. The condensor's is a lot smaller so you're going to be adding a lot of restriction. Tranny coolers are cheap.

I agree... I just bought one from Crawltech for $50
Billy

Back