• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have..

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
....a spare fan shroud laying about?

I was web-wheeling when a stick or some other foreign object got up into the fan and toasted the shroud.

I hate having to go to J&W if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

CRASH

You need a Renix pressure regulator? If so, you got a deal.

I'm driving in tomorrow, I can come by after work.

Can I have your regulator so I can at least keep my girl mobile?

CRASH

Yep, I had to go back to the Renix system. After work sounds good.

Ahh, you can have my old regulator, but it doesn't work at all. As soon as I can afford a new one, I'll give you this one back. Mkay?

Yup, sounds good.

What street do I turn right onto from Kiefer?

It's about two stop signs down, right?

Andy

Probably around 6:30. Gotta go to Pig Pen's house to drop off a tranny jack. Thanks for the dinner offer, but I got to get up the hill.

Andy

:evil: Well, it wasn't the regulator! Maybe the fuel pump is starting to go bad? Partially blocked fuel filter? I'll check it out tonight with the nieghbors gauge. This is starting to get ridiculous. :roll:

SeanP. did you touch my Jeep when you where here last? :lol:

As i was driving away, i was thinking it wasn't going to be the regulator.

Can I get that regulator back sometime? You can have your shroud back or I can give you cash to buy one for yourself. Let me know.

Andy

Well, if the regulator was flaky, it wouldn't run well, but it would run.

Did you check the fuel pump fuse? The fuel pump connections? Fuel pressure on the rail?

CRASH

The fuel pumps comes on when you hit the key. I'm thinkin' it's starting to fail. There's about 10 or 15 PSI at the fuel regulator, but nothing at the check valve on the rail.

I have an extra fp about 6 months old from az I was going to keep it as a spare, but if you need it. . .

Heck yes I could use it. :D I need to get this darn thing runnin' so I can find some work. :shock: I'll pick you up a used one once I get the funds.

Tonight I'm going to ABSOLUTLY find out if the pump is good or not (I've got a gauge). If I need it, Lisa and I can come down tomorrow afternoon/evening and pick it up. Thanks so much Gary!

What are the chances of [b:219fc96cd6]BOTH[/b:219fc96cd6] fuel regulators being bad? I found part of the problem. One of the hose clamps had partially block the fuel line. :evil: When I checked the fuel pressure where the line comes into the regulator, it has over 60 PSI!!! I just don't get it. :?

I don't believe it!!!! I had the fuel lines hooked up backwards :evil: My Haynes manual shows the inlet at the front, not the rear like it should be.

Thanks CRASH for your efforts :oops: and keep the shroud.

Now I have [b:ecd9a6e705]MORE[/b:ecd9a6e705] issues :evil: Water in the oil (warped head)!!!!! I think I'll put the HO head back on with some minor intake port work. :roll: Will this ever end?

You can have my Renix head if you help me yank the engine-tranny-t-case.

Hell, you can have the whole engine!

Man, I feel for ya (insert empathy here). :cry:

CRASH

Back