• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar

wwbmopar

NAXJA Forum User
Just installed my RE adj trac bar and the front creaks and groans with any movement. A little popping but not a lot. I did a search and everything is tight and new. Am I right in thinking that the noise normal for a spherical rod end and the fact that there is no lube or bushing to eliminate the NVH. I'm not complaining about the noise, just want to make sure everything is normal.

Creaks and groans and you didn't lube it using the supplied zerk?

I've got to go look at mine again then; I was positive there's a zerk on the upper end

wwbmopar said:
Sorry got disconnected. No zerk fitting, but thats definantly what the noise sounds like.

which track bar?

HD 1660 or regular duty 1600?

i have the 1600 with the rod end and it drives me crazy. it took about an hour after installing before the thing started screeching and creeking. i hate it. i just assumed thats what happens when you use a heim in your suspension.

The bracket is moving. Weld the bracket to the frame, one 1" stitch on the vertical leg, one on the horizontal leg. Put the welds where they can be ground off easily.

CRASH

I've got the 1600. Does it have any kind of special coating? If not I'll try some penetrating oil, see if it quits for a while.

I've used heims in my trackbar for years in Colorado. Strong, quiet, and they have lasted forever. A bearing rotating against teflon shouldn't be making a bunch of noise.

Nay

Back