• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift and Tire Clearance

eric91xj

NAXJA Forum User
hey,

Got some lift questions for every one maybe i can round up some advice. Kay i want to lift just as i always have, but this time i'm actually gonna do it. I'd like to have bigger tires but i'm also on a tight budget. Wondering if i got say a 2" BB and took off the fender flairs or just trimmed them along with the fenders themselves could i fit some 31x10.5's on stock 15x7 wheels without to much rubbing, a little is fine i don't care. Along with that question then if i were to get a 3" kit from rustys with the new front and rear springs and did the same trimming, maybe a little more if i had to, could i fit 32"s? Like i said i dont' want to really go above 3" cause i'm on such a tight budget for now and don't want to get involved yet with all the problems with getting an SYE and new steering and new control arms and whatnot.

Anyone out there got pics of anyone fitting 31's on a 2" lift or 32's on a 3" lift?

sorry for the length but thanx

Eric

I plan on running 31''s on an OME 2.5'' lift in the future and from what I hear the only rubbing will occur on the LCA's (lower control arm) at full turn which is corrected by changing the backspacing of the wheel, no triming required. I'm guessing you can get away with 31s on 2" of lift if you don't disco your sway bars. I havn't paid much attention to those running 32s
For pics that might give an idea go to this recent post by lucas http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2486
he is running 31''s on a 4" lift, also on the same thread drewlee77 linked to his photos, he runs 2.5" OME w/ 30'' tires.
I have seen alot of others with what your asking about so I'm sure others can chime with pics, and correct me if I'm wrong :)

A friend of mine is running 31" BFG ATs on a 2" bb.

the only problem he had was rubbing on the LCAs, but rather than crank the steering stops out, He installed WJ lower control arms. they have a slight bend toward the inside that allows for tire clearance and a tighter turning circle.

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/BSlowerWJctrlArms/WJ_LCA.htm

here's a writeup about doing the install. He's still running his stock flares in the stock location with no trimming and as far as I know, isn't having any trouble

Back