• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Interested???

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Last Fall when we had the NAXJA-NAC BBQ in Connecticut, there was considerable discussion of and interest in having some kind of a trail ride weekend in Maine. Bob Salemi has some knowledge of the area around Moosehead lake (I think that's the right lake) and has been coerced into helping with general planning of routes, but not with recruiting or logistics. So, since I've been wanting to wheel in Maine for many years, it appears much of the burden has fallen to me.

I'm trying to set up a meeting with Bob sometime in the next few weeks to start some detailed planning discussions, but there's no point if there won't be enough people to make it worthwhile. We are targeting approximately Columbus Day weekend, with the theory that most of the vacationers and leaf peepers will be out of the way.

1) How many are interested in and would make the trek to south-central Maine for some wheeling? Probably would not be hard-core rock crawling, more like cruising timber company logging trails (in varying states of repair/disrepair).

2) For those interested, would Columbus Day weekend work, or would some other weekend close to it on the calendar be better?

Please chime in, folks. As the saying goes, "Inquiring minds want to know."

Well, I'm no good from Oct 1 - 16, but I think I'm the only one of us "locals" headed to Moab this year, so don't go by that. Anytime else though, definitely count me in! Always wanted to get to Maine w/ my own vehicle.

Mike in NJ

Talk to Earle!

Earl has planned another Old Florida Rd run for Columbus Day Weekend (10/12-10/13). I'll be going to the VA4WDA run at the Oak Ridge Estate the weekend before (10/5-10/6). With that in mind, I'd still like to go to Maine, so maybe we could work it in to the following weekend?

I'd love to get back up there, but not sure i'll be able to this fall. Honestly..

I'll continue to follow though, just in case.

Its going to be tough for me to make it up there this fall too. I really want to do some exploring up that way, but can't do much more than weekend trips for now. I would definitely want to spend a few more days, once I get up there. I hope to have some more time accrued so I can do more of these trips next year.

A.

Back